Wednesday, May 7, 2008

2 months

Zach is 2 months next Tuesday. I can not believe how fast it has gone by. He is growing like a weed and getting much more alert. We had his 2 month doctor appointment today. He is 9 pounds 8 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long. The doctor said he looked good. He got his first shots. He did really well. He cried when he got them but calmed down pretty well afterwards. He has slept most of the day since then. He had a rough hour when we got home but is passed out again.
My little baby is starting to look like a little boy. He is getting so much better about holding his head and can turn over onto his side from his back. He has really started to smile over the last two days (he started a few weeks ago but when he got sick he stopped). I will get a picture of it soon. I was looking at him in the mirror in the car and I could see him practicing in the backseat. It was so cute. He has started to look more like me over the last few weeks. I will post some of our baby pictures to compare next week when I am at work and can scan the pictures in.

I start back to work on Monday. I am excited and nervous. It has been 10 weeks since I have been at work. I am worried I will have forgotten things or that lack of sleep will make me forget things and I am sad to leave Zach at daycare. I am looking forward to being back in the adult world and I have missed the girls I work with. I know he will be fine and my boss is being great about it. She has offered for him to come to the office instead of daycare. I might bring him a day or two if we are not busy but I think I will get more done if he is not there a majority of the time.
Zach has been doing really well at night. Since he is less congested he has been sleeping for about 5 hours and then again for about 3. It is very nice to just get up once a night. I know his tummy is getting bigger so he can sleep for longer stretches. It was rough for the last few weeks when he was sick. He was getting up every hour or so. Ryan has been so great and we have been sharing the nighttime feedings.

Here are a few updated pictures.

Ryan, Zach & Ava sleeping


First time sitting like a big boy in the stroller


Trying to eat my fingers


Half smile

No comments: