Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

We had a wonderful first father's day. We got up early in the morning, Zach was being a stinker and didn't want to sleep so Ryan brought him out to the couch and laid with him there. I made breakfast, cinnamon rolls and bacon, and then we opened gifts. We got Ryan a 90 minute massage and a shirt and pair of shorts. We went to lunch at Jersey Mike's and then to Target (to exchange the shirt and shorts for a different size). The rest of the day we just hung out at home. Tonight we did some tummy time and Zach did great. He had his head up high and was pushing up on his arms. I was very impressed. Well I called Ryan over and as soon as I did that the dogs thought it would be a good idea to join in the celebration and started playing with each other. One of them got too close and landed on Zach's foot. Which ever one it was barely got him but he started screaming. I looked and there was a little scratch that wasn't even bleeding. So he screamed for a few minutes then he realized he was fine but was getting attention, so he started to smile then cry then smile then cry. I started laughing because he knew what he was doing. Then he got this huge grin on his face and he started laughing. It was a real belly laugh. I was the cutest thing we had heard. So because we were encouraging him he laughed for about 5 minutes. I hope he continues to laugh from here on out. We put him to bed and now we are sitting here relaxing enjoying a glass of wine. I am sure we will go to bed early since we got up so early. All in all it was a great father's day with lots of wonderful surprises from Zach.

No comments: