Monday, June 9, 2008

Panama City Beach

Ryan, Zach and I went to the beach this weekend. It was a short, quick trip but we had a great time. We mainly went down there so Ryan could dive. We also thought it would be good for Zach to gets some fresh air and sun (and me too). We left on Friday and it took about 8.5 hours to get there. We hit traffic and when we got to PCB Ryan's navigation took us the wrong way to the hotel :) Zach did great in the car and woke up like every 2 hours to eat. He was definitely growing this weekend.

Saturday we got up and had breakfast. The Ryan helped us get to the pool (there was no way I was taking a baby to the beach by myself) and then he went diving. We hung out for a few hours and got in the pool once. I took him inside about 12:00 since it was getting really hot. We both took a nap and then went and got some lunch. We went back out to the pool around 3:30 or so and hung out for another hour and Ryan joined us when he got back from diving. We went to dinner with the scuba group that night and went for a walk on the beach to watch the sunset and let Zach have his first feel of the sand and ocean. He really seemed to like it.
Stop taking pictures and take me to the pool


Asleep in the sundome


This sun thing is tiring


In the pool


Resting after my swim


Passed out from the sun


First time my toes hit the sand


Dad and me walking the beach


Mom and me


First feel of the ocean (I liked it)


Family photo on the beach

Sunday Ryan went diving at 6:00. Zach and I slept in until 8:00 got some breakfast and then went to the pool for an hour. It was much hotter on Sunday and I was burnt on my back from where I missed with the lotion on Saturday. He really seemed to enjoy the pool Sunday. Ryan came back from diving and we left to head home about 12:30. We ended up getting back about 8:30. Zach slept the whole way in the car only eating a few times. He was going through the sleeping stage of growing, which means we are going to need some new clothes soon, he is getting so long.

Chillin in the pool


Happy as can be!


I don't want to go home

All in all is was a great trip and nice to get away. I think I am somewhat rested and relaxed. It was nice to get out of Tennessee even for a short weekend.

No comments: