Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sleeping in the Crib and Smiles

Last night was a great night for us. Zach slept in his crib for the first time all night. We tried to start a bed time routine. When he got sleepy (still too early for a set time) I took him upstairs, we had an impromptu bath because he peed on himself when I was changing his diaper, I fed him, swaddled him and then read him a few books. Once he was asleep I put him in his sleep positioner in the crib and we left. He did really well. He slept from 9:00-12:00 and then again until 3:00 and then Ryan fed him at 5:30 when he got up for work. The swaddler worked well, I put his arms in which he had previously fought me on, I did it when he was half asleep, and he slept great because I think he was waking himself up when his arms moved at night. The only issue I had with the sleep positioner was that when he did move he worked himself down to the bottom of it so when I went in the feed him he was off of it. So we might try not putting him in that tonight. It was nice to have our room back and even though I had the monitor to hear him I slept better because I did not hear every little noise.

In other news, Zach has been smiling for the last few days. We got his first good one on Sunday and he has been slowly doing it ever since. I can not seem to get a picture because he 1) does not want to perform for the camera and 2) he is still unsure on how to totally do it so most of the time I get a half smile and those are not great pictures. He is really starting to recognize things and his little personality is coming out. He loves the mirror and looking at the baby in the mirror, he also "talks" to the baby. It is very cute. He has also gotten mad at us twice. Once we put him in his car seat and he did not want to go and the other time we put him in the swing and he was unhappy about it and just pouted. I have put a picture of that below.


Asleep with the pacifier hanging out


With Creedon and Caddie


Pissed about being in the swing


In my play gym

No comments: