Friday, April 25, 2008

We survived

We survived our babies first cold and fever. I woke up on Wednesday night to Zach wanting to eat, when I went in there he felt really hot. So I took his temperature and it was 100.4 which is very high in a 6 week old. I ended up sleeping with him on the couch and cuddling him all night because that was the only way he would sleep. You could tell he was uncomfortable. I called the doctor and they called back and had me give him some Tylenol. The good thing was he was smiling and eating really well and not acting sick at all the following morning just still the high fever. Yesterday we spent all day sleeping, since I too am getting the cold he had. Ryan took over when he got home from work. He is feeling much better and sleeping great tonight but now I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am glad we took care of our baby and made it through it all. Now I need someone to take care of me. Once you become a mom you don't think about the fact that no matter how you feel you have to suck it up and be there for your child before anything else.

No comments: